Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away, so if you’re rolling out the welcome mat for overnight company, it’s time to whip the bathroom your guests will be using into shape. Here’s how:
- Put away anything your guests will not need or use during their visit.
- Use drawers or cupboards for storing as many items as possible. Fill attractive baskets or boxes with things that can’t be put away.
- Look for wall and door storage solutions that are attractive and can accommodate nice containers or baskets. If you use a clear vinyl or mesh shoe bag on the back of the door, be sure the contents are discrete and not embarrassing.
- Remember that you want your guests to feel welcome, so place a new bar of soap in the bath or shower, set out freshly cleaned towels and washcloths, and put some new toothbrushes on the counter (still in their packaging) along with a tube of toothpaste.
- Towel racks are often in short supply when guests come. So be ready with a collapsible drying rack that can accommodate the additional towels.
- Have a few extra rolls of toilet paper on hand that are easy to find. Most guests feel intrusive if they have to look in drawers or cupboards when the roll runs out.
- Keep a supply of baby wipes or cleaning wipes on hand and easy to find.
Now all that’s left is to relax and enjoy spending time with your company!
For more tips on how to make keep your house looking spic and span all year long, check out our Homespun Magic book! You can even try it FREE for 21 days with our Free Preview!