Want more money in your pocket? Then these nine thrifty tips are for you! Here’s how to save big bucks at the grocery store every time you shop:
- Make a grocery list, and stick to it. No impulse buying.
- Shop alone whenever possible. It will cut down on distractions.
- Never shop hungry. A quick snack before you enter the store will keep you focused on the stuff you need, not on what you crave.
- Carry your coupons.
- Choose larger-size items (a.k.a. value sizes) only if the unit price indicates that it’s a better deal than smaller-size packages.
- Buy generics. “Premium” store brands are the best quality for the lowest price. They are comparable to gourmet brands but cost 25% less.
- Cash is king. Leave your credit and debit cards at home, and only bring the amount of cash that you are planning to spend.
- Take a look at circulars and newspaper inserts every week for specials and sales.
- Check with your supermarket to see if you qualify for a senior discount, depending on your age. If you do, you may be able to save up to 10% on your groceries if you shop on a certain day of the week.
Then check out our brand-new book, Live Rich, Spend Smart, and Enjoy Your Retirement! For everything from travel expenses to healthcare costs to your water bill, you’ll learn how to live large on a penny pincher’s budget. And you can even try it FREE for 21 days with our Free Preview!