Merry Christmas! Here’s hoping you had a terrific holiday, filled with family, friends, and laughter. And, if you’re anything like me, for the last week you’ve been rushing around, wrapping last-minute gifts, welcoming visitors, and whipping up food for a crowd—then tackling stack after never-ending stack of dirty dishes. So my next wish for you is that you have a chance to relax a bit before the New Year’s celebration begins. Here’s how to head in the right direction:
- Work in a workout. Take a brisk 30-minute walk outside. The fresh air and time to yourself will do you good.
- Sit one out. Give yourself 15 minutes of peace and quiet each day to reflect, meditate, or simply unwind.
- Rub away the tension. A massage will have you relaxed and feeling stress-free in no time. Use mood-boosting herbal oils, such as bergamot, geranium, jasmine, neroli, or ylang-ylang, all of which are available at health food stores.
- Eat good mood food. Tryptophan-rich foods, such as turkey, chicken, fish, dairy products, soybeans, nuts, and avocados can ease stress. So spread some guacamole on a slice of leftover turkey, or grab a handful of almonds, and snack away.
- Get help from hyssop. Relax in a hyssop herbal bath before you head for bed, and I guarantee you’ll get a good night’s sleep. Simply drop 4 or 5 hyssop tea bags (found at any health food store) into the running bathwater and add a few teaspoons of oatmeal. Let the bags float as you soak, and soon your troubles will also float—away!
For more super solutions for stressing less, check out my Amazing Antidotes! book—FREE for 21 days. It’s the next best thing to having your own personal physician on call 24/7!