Goodness, gracious—grapes are in season! And they’re not just yummy. They offer a bunch (pun intended) of health benefits, too.
Think grapes are so sweet and satisfying that there’s no way they’re good for you? Think again. Here are some of the latest scientific findings that show what’s so great about grapes:
· Grape skins are rich in resveratrol, a compound that puts the brakes on an enzyme that cancer cells need in order to grow.
· Purple grape juice is bursting with flavonoids, which improve blood flow and protect your arteries.
· Drinking grape juice helps make bad (LDL) cholesterol less likely to oxidize and stick to artery walls.
Gobble up grapes in these delicious ways:
· Toss seedless grapes into your green salad to add a sweet crunch. They add crispy goodness to chicken, shrimp, and tuna salad, too.
· Serve fruit kabobs for desserts. Skewer grapes, banana slices, whole strawberries, and pineapple chunks. Drizzle with honey, lime juice, and allspice, and set ‘em on a warm grill to heat them through.
· Ditch the candy dish and replace it with a bowl of grapes. Here’s betting you’ll pop a few in your mouth every time you walk by.
Here’s one of my frosty treats that’s packed with flavor—and you can whip it up in a flash! It tastes so yummy that you’ll forget it’s good for you:
In a blender, whirl 1 cup of fat-free frozen cherry yogurt and 1/2 cup of purple grape juice until creamy smooth. Garnish with a cluster of purple grapes, still on the stem, and serve with a wide straw.
Check out more than 111 easy-to-make recipes that’ll tempt your tummy, in my Giant Book of Kitchen Counter Cures. It’s loaded with solid nutritional information and practical advice that you can try—FREE for 21 days!