School may be out for the summer, but that doesn’t mean you should pack up the chalk. Here are five fantastic ways to use the classroom classic in the yard, garden, workshop, and garage:
1. Say “keep out” to slugs by sprinkling powdered chalk around the perimeter of your planting beds. The slimers won’t dare cross the line!
2. Chalk deters ants, too, so use the powdered version to protect trees, shrubs, and other plants. To keep ants out of the house or she, just draw a chalk line around exterior door and window frames.
3. To keep your tools rust-free, tuck a few sticks of chalk into your toolbox. They’ll attract the moisture that would otherwise cling to the metal.
4. Prevent a screwdriver from slipping by rubbing a little chalk on the tip.
5. If you’ve got a balky car or house key, rub some chalk over the tip and along the teeth. Slide it in and out of the keyhole several times and you’re good to go.
Looking for more super-powered products to make your life easier? Check out my Supermarket Super Products book—FREE for 21 days! It’s filled with terrific tips and tricks that put common household products to work in thousands of new and exciting ways.