If you’re headin’ out to your garden, take a bottle of vinegar with you! Here are some terrific tips for putting it to use around the yard:
- Fleas and ticks will stay away from your pets if you add 1 tsp. of vinegar per quart bowl of drinking water (ratio based on a 40 lb. animal).
- Send ants a packin’ by spraying their hills and trails with vinegar.
- Clean your flower vases and terra cotta pots by rubbing them with a vinegar-soaked paper towel.
- Get rid of unwanted weeds by dousing them with vinegar.
- Your acid-loving azaleas will be happy as clams if you add 2 tbsp. of vinegar to a quart of water and use the mix to water them once a week.