…And boy, do we have a sweet tip for you! We hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day on Wednesday. And if you were lucky enough to receive a bouquet of beautiful roses from a loved one, you can make them last forever… Just turn them into this easy, scent-sational homemade potpourri:
- After your flowers have fully opened but before the petals turn brown, remove all the petals from the stem. Gently lay them out in a single layer on a screen or cookie sheet.
- Allow the petals to dry out for a week or so away from any heat sources and sunlight.
- Once the petals are fully dried, place them in a jar with 1 teaspoon of rose essential oil for every 1 cup of petals.
- Put the lid on the jar and store it for 2 weeks, gently shaking the petals each day.
- Now all that’s left to do is place the potpourri in a pretty bowl and display it with pride!
Find more flower tips and tricks (including a recipe for our Dazzling Basil Potpourri) in our bestselling book, Supermarket Super Gardens! You can even try it out absolutely FREE with our 21-Day Free Preview!