Hooray! Thanksgiving is almost here! And that means it’s almost time for pumpkin pie—so what better time to share our favorite recipe? This pumpkin pie recipe is a wow-worthy winner when you use a traditional pie crust. But here’s a little secret: If you bake this filling in custard cups instead, you’ll have a power-packed dessert with only half the calories!
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pie shell, or 6 custard cups
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, sugars, molasses, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and eggs, and stir with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended
- Ladle into your custard cups or prepared pie crust.
- If baking in custard cups, arrange the cups on a rack set in a baking pan of hot water. The water should not go more than halfway up the sides of the cups.
- If baking in a traditional pie crust, simply pop into the oven as usual.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the pie comes out clean. Chill before serving.
We hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving! And for more mouth-watering recipes that will keep you young at any age, check out our bestselling book, Grow Younger, Live Longer. You can even try it out for FREE with our 21 Day Free Preview!