The perfect treat for summer is a sweet, juicy wedge of ripe watermelon. Munch on a big chunk after a game of tennis or a long, hot afternoon of yard work. The mighty melon is 90% water, so it goes a long way toward quenching your thirst. Plus, the natural sugars will boost your energy and get your blood sugar back to normal.
But when you’re shopping for melons, go for the seedless variety! While seedless melons won’t win any seed-spitting contests, they are a favorite of health-conscious eaters. That’s because seedless varieties of watermelon contain more cancer-fighting lycopene than the seedy kind!
Here are a few recipes to whip up this summer starring wonderful watermelon:
Creamy Watermelon Delight
- In a blender, combine ½ cup of plain yogurt, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 cup of seedless watermelon cubes.
- Blend on high to make a smooth sauce.
- Pile an additional 2 cups of cubed watermelon into a tall parfait glass and pour on the sauce. Eat your treat with an iced-tea spoon.
Fresh Watermelon Facial
- Peel a slice of watermelon, and mash it in a bowl until it’s about the consistency of thin applesauce.
- Wash your face so that it’s really clean.
- Then spread the melon over your skin, making sure to avoid your eyes.
- Lie down and put a piece of cheesecloth over the fruit to keep it from sliding off.
- Relax and think lovely thoughts for 20 minutes or so, then rinse the mash off and pat your face dry.
For more about the wonders of watermelon, check out our bestselling book, Top 25 Homemade Healers. You can try it FREE for 21 days just by visiting our website.