Sunday is Mother’s Day, so why not whip up something extra delightful for dessert? This Strawberry-Balsamic Pie is a delicious variation on classic custard pie and is full of health-boosting ingredients, like eggs, which support a healthy memory; balsamic vinegar, which promotes weight loss; and strawberries, which give your immune system a big boost. Add all that to the unique combined flavor of fresh, juicy strawberries and sweet balsamic vinegar, and this is one dish that we can guarantee Mom will truly love.
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 10-12 firm, ripe strawberries, sliced
- 9-inch pie shell
- Melt the butter over low heat, and set it aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until they’re frothy. Add the butter, water, and vinegar, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Mix the sugar and flour in another bowl, then add the liquid ingredients, and beat. Fold in the strawberries, and pour it all into the pie shell.
- Bake at 325°F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 1 hour). Serve warm or let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Find hundreds more mouthwatering delights in our brand-new cookbook, Vital Vinegar Cookbook “Cures”. Not only is it full of delicious, easy-to-make recipes—it’s also your culinary road map to a healthier, happier, and longer life. You’ll learn how to clobber cold germs with a tasty salad…tune up your ticker with fabulous fudge…boost your brainpower with a berry beautiful soup…and much, much more. And you can even try it our for FREE for 21 days with our Free Preview!