Fatigue is one of the most common complaints folks have these days. Between putting up Christmas decorations, shopping, and keeping track of our family commitments, the holidays can be an energy-draining time. And with Christmas right around the corner, it becomes even harder to catch up on sleep and shake the exhaustion. Here’s how to regain some zip:
- Focus on “nutrient-dense” or unprocessed foods like grains, beans, fish, and poultry.
- Establish a sleep routine so you can get at least seven hours of zzzs every night.
- Chip away at your to-do list one task at a time.
- Take a break from the action, get away from it all, and do something you enjoy.
- A little exercise will take your mind off your troubles. So tie on your walking shoes and take a brisk, 30-minute stroll.
Here’s an energizing Gin-Zing elixir that’ll add some pep to your step!
1 tsp. of ground ginseng root
5 cups of water
1 tsp. of dried borage leaves
1 tsp. of dried mint leaves
10 to 20 drops of ginkgo biloba tincture
Let the ginseng simmer in a covered pot of the water for 30 minutes. Then add the borage and mint and let the blend steep for another 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, add the ginkgo biloba. Strain out the dried herbs, and sip up to 3 cups a day. Add honey to taste. (Caution: If you take blood-thinning medications, check with your doctor before taking biloba.)
Note: If you’ve been feeling tired for quite a while, and no amount of rest or remedy seems to be making any sort of impact, it may be time to see your doctor to rule out certain medical conditions as possible causes. Once your doctor gets to the bottom of your problem, he or she can determine the best course of treatment to help you beat the fatigue and get back to your normal self.
For more terrific tonics, excellent elixirs, and healing helpers, check out our best-selling book Healing Fixers Mixers & Elixirs. You can even preview it FREE for 21 days! Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page before you go!