Before shorts and swimsuit season arrives—or any time your favorite jeans are feeling a little snug in all the wrong places—throw away those bags of chips and boxes of cookies, and start stocking up on healthier fare. You’ll feel better and look great, too! Once you get started, you’ll quickly stop craving those greasy, salty, and sweet snacks. Don’t know where to begin? Try a few of these satisfying treats:
- Air-popped popcorn
- Angel food cake with fresh berries
- Apple wedges and peanut butter
- Baked tortilla, soy, sweet potato, and rice chips
- Cut-up veggies with low-fat cream cheese or fat-free dressing
- Fruit—any kind
- Unsalted whole-wheat pretzels
- Whole-wheat pita chips dipped in this homemade hummus: Puree 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, 3 minced garlic cloves, 2½ tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of tahini in a blender or food processor until creamy. Scoop it up with the pita chips, and enjoy!
For more great ways to maximize the benefits of healthy foods, check out my New Healing Foods book—FREE for 21 days! It’s filled with 1,400 kitchen cupboard secrets that’ll help you crunch, munch, and snack your way to better health.