So how are your New Year’s Resolutions holding up? If your goal for 2012 was to lose weight, chances are you’ve all but given up at this point. Don’t do it! Instead, ditch the diet and go about losing weight in a whole new way: Trick yourself thin!
These crazy techniques might sound too good to be true, but they’re kind of fun, so why not give them a try? You’ve got nothing to lose—except a pound or two, of course. Here goes:
1. Tighten your belt. Put away the loose sweatpants and baggy t-shirts. Wearing tight clothes to dinner will remind you that you could stand to lose a few pounds.
2. Brush your teeth right after a meal. The minty flavor of the toothpaste will help satisfy your sweet tooth.
3. Avoid distracted dining. Turn off the TV and savor the food you’re putting in your mouth.
4. Watch yourself eat. Munching in front of a mirror can help you keep your weight loss goals in mind and curb your appetite.
5. Eat with your other hand. Studies have found that if you use your non-dominant hand, you’ll eat 30 percent less food.
6. Savor the smells. Frequently sniff an apple, banana, or peppermint, and you’ll trick your brain into thinking you’ve eaten. A six-month study of 3,000 participants showed that they lost an average of 30 pounds using this technique!
For more terrific tips to help you reach your weight-loss goal, check out my Amazing Antidotes book—FREE for 21 days! It’s chock-full of idea that’ll whittle your waist and melt away the pounds.